Bee Friendly Wildflower Seed Bombs
29 in stock
This carefully selected mix is designed specifically to attract solitary bees, honey bees and bumblebees. Each seed ball contains approximately 30 seeds from a mix of Birdsfoot Trefoil, Foxglove, Red Clover, Viper’s Bugloss and Wild Marjoram – all recommended as bee-friendly plants by the Bumblebee Conservation Trust. There’s also added a sprinkling of pollinator-friendly annuals Chamomile, Cornflower, Corn marigold, and Night-flowering catchfly.
There’s no need to dig! As the seeds are encased in clay and peat-free compost, they are essentially already “planted”. Simply scatter onto bare soil or compost (avoid scattering on grass) on a garden bed or in a pot. The outer clay helps to prevent birds and insects from eating the seeds, keeping the seeds nicely protected and ensuring your bee friendly wildflower garden has every chance of growing success. There is also added chilli powder in the seed ball recipe to help deter slugs and snails from eating the young shoots.
- Each peat free seed ball contains approximately 30 seeds from a mix of Birdsfoot Trefoil, Foxglove, Red Clover, Viper’s Bugloss and Wild Marjoram
- 20 balls per tin, 30 seeds per ball
- Easy to use and no digging required
- Scatter on top of soil in a garden bed or planter (there are enough seeds to cover 1 metre square in a garden bed or 3-5 medium sized pots)
- Scatter in spring or autumn
- Sprouts seen in 4-6 weeks
- Made in the UK
- Foxglove Digitalis purpurea: A tall biennial (flowering stem grows in the second year) with pink and purple flowers on spikes, height 60 – 150cm, flowers between June and September (Toxicity: Poisonous if eaten)
- Red Clover Trifolium pretense: Perennial with trefoil leaves and pinky red flowers, height 10 – 45cm, flowers between May and September.
- Birdsfoot trefoil Lotus corniculatus: A perennial with clusters of yellow/orange pea like leaves, height 15-25cm, flowers between May and October
- Viper’s Bigloss Echium vulgare: A tall biennial (flowering stem grows in the second year) with incredibly blue flowers emerging from pink buds, height 30 – 90cm, flowers between June to September
- Wild Marjoram Origanum vulgare: Aromatic perennial with dark purple buds and pinkish purple flowers, height 30 – 60cm, flowers between April and November