Hedgehog Wildflower Seed Bombs
14 in stock
The Hedgehog Seed Bomb tin is an exclusive PTES tin from Seedball! It contains wildflower seeds perfect for creating a wildflower corner in your garden making your green space more hedgehog friendly.
A wildflower patch of is a great addition to creating a hedgehog friendly garden, not only to provide shelter but importantly to attract a whole range of insects for hedgehogs to feed on. Each seed ball contains approximately 30 seeds from a mix of Yellow Rattle, Wild Carrot, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Tufted Vetch, Self Heal and Poppy.
There’s no need to dig! As the seeds are encased in clay and peat-free compost, they are essentially already “planted”. Simply scatter onto bare soil or compost (avoid scattering on grass) on a garden bed or in a pot. The outer clay helps to prevent birds and insects from eating the seeds, keeping the seeds nicely protected and ensuring your hedgehog friendly wildflower garden has every chance of growing success. There is also added chilli powder in the seed ball recipe to help deter slugs and snails from eating the young shoots.
- Each peat free seed ball contains approximately 30 seeds from a mix of Yellow Rattle, Wild Carrot, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Tufted Vetch, Self Heal and Poppy
- 20 balls per tin, 30 seeds per ball
- Easy to use and no digging required
- Scatter on top of soil in a garden bed or planter (there are enough seeds to cover 1 metre square in a garden bed or 3-5 medium sized pots)
- Scatter in spring or autumn
- Sprouts seen in 4-6 weeks
- Made in the UK
- Wild carrot Daucus carota: Biennial (sometimes annual), height 30-70cm, flowers between June to August
- Yellow rattle Rhinanthus minor: A quick growing grassland annual with yellow flowers and two purple ‘teeth’, height 45cm, flowers between May and September
- Birdsfoot trefoil Lotus corniculatus: A perennial with clusters of yellow/orange pea like leaves, height 15-25cm, flowers between May to October
- Tufted vetch Vicia cracca: Perennial, height 20-100cm, flowers between June and August
- Self heal Prunella vulgaris: Perennial, height 10-50cm, flowers between June and September
- Common poppy Papaver rhoeas: A bright red flowering annual, height 30-60cm, flowers between May and July
- Red clover Trifoloium prantense: Perennial with trefoil leaves and pinky red flowers, height 10-45cm, flowers between May and September