Butterfly Wildflower Seed Bombs
32 in stock
A mix of native wildflowers that are perfect for butterflies! This lovely collection of mostly purple, pink and blue flowers is designed to attract butterflies to our gardens, balconies and window boxes and uses only flowers recommended by Butterfly Conservation. Each seed ball contains approximately 30 seeds from a mix of Purple Loosestrife, Forget-me-not, Musk mallow, Red campion and Yarrow, plus a sprinkling of pollinator-friendly annuals Chamomile, Cornflower, Corn marigold, and Night-flowering catchfly.
There’s no need to dig! As the seeds are encased in clay and peat-free compost, they are essentially already “planted”. Simply scatter onto bare soil or compost (avoid scattering on grass) on a garden bed or in a pot. The outer clay helps to prevent birds and insects from eating the seeds, keeping the seeds nicely protected and ensuring your butterfly friendly wildflower garden has every chance of growing success. There is also added chilli powder in the seed ball recipe to help deter slugs and snails from eating the young shoots.
- Each peat free seed ball contains approximately 30 seeds from a mix of Purple Loosestrife, Forget-me-not, Musk mallow, Red campion and Yarrow
- 20 balls per tin, 30 seeds per ball
- Easy to use and no digging required
- Scatter on top of soil in a garden bed or planter (there are enough seeds to cover 1 metre square in a garden bed or 3-5 medium sized pots)
- Scatter in spring or autumn
- Sprouts seen in 4-6 weeks
- Made in the UK
- Forget-me-not Myosotis arvensis: Short annual with blue-grey flowers occasionally interspersed with pink flowers, height 10-40cm, flowers between April and October
- Musk Mallow Malva moschata: A tall perennial with large rose pink petals, height 40-70cm, flowers between June and August
- Purple Loosestrife Lythrum salicaria: A tall perinnial with spectacular spike of magenta flowers, height up to 150cm, flowers between June and August
- Red Campion Silene dioica: A perennial with rose pink petals, height 20-60cm, flowers between March and November
- Yarrow Achillea millefolium: A perennial aromatic herb with white flowers, height 8-60cm, flowers between June and August